Zoom Performances Available for Classrooms!
Many teachers are finding themselves unable to travel with their students to an arts experience. Pollyanna's Zoom Shows offer teachers a way to provide interactive learning with a top-quality performance and professional performers, plus enough teaching materials to design a unit of study for students. If you are looking for a rich hour of theatre for your students, Pollyanna is here to help!
Coming Up for the Holidays! Perfect for 2nd & 3rd Grade
Available November 25, 2021 - January 5, 2022
It’s the holiday season and the world’s largest Toy Store is crowded with people wanting the last Robo Baloney-Blaster. After a sudden blackout, the lights come on to reveal that it’s been stolen! Who could’ve taken it? Was it the store Santa? One of his helper Elves? Or maybe Great-Grandma? Everyone is a suspect! In this mystery every child will have a role to play and will gather clues. And no one knows whodunnit until the end!
Recommended for ages 8 – 11
Short character speeches will be emailed in advance and all children will read additional dialogue during the play from the screen.
Presented live on Zoom – 75 Minutes
$125 per Classroom Performance up to 18 students
Preschoolers will love it and there's no reading required!
Available November 25, 2021 - January 5, 2022
It’s the night before Christmas, and Selfish Elf can’t bear to give Santa all the toys he made, so he hides them in a secret spot. Can you help find them before it’s too late? In this Virtual Adventure, the Magical Storyteller will guide your character on an exciting search all around the North Pole. Feel free to dress up as your favorite holiday character so you can join in the fun!
Includes a Study Guide full of information and suggested additional activities!
Recommended for ages 3 - 6
Movement and participation based story drama.
No reading required.
Presented live on Zoom – 45 Minutes
$125 per Classroom Performance up to 25 students
Cancellation Policy: Once a performance time and date is confirmed, the host is responsible for payment in full for the reservation. We understand that sometimes schedules change, therefore, if a change in time or date is needed, we ask that you contact Pollyanna Theatre at least 72 hours before your scheduled performance so that your time can be rescheduled. Any cancellations received after 72 hours before the performance time/date, including any that take place on the day of the event, can be rescheduled for an additional performance fee but are not guaranteed refund.
What real people say about Pollyanna’s Zooming theatre for the very young:
From a teacher:
”Thank you all! That was fun for all — teachers included. The children stayed really engaged even though they were in their own homes and not in the classroom together. We’d love to do another show in the future. This is such an inventive way to do theatre!”
From a parent of a birthday girl:
“Thank you so much for making Phoebe’s birthday special while we all stayed safe! What a wonderful party!”
From the mom of a boy on that weekend when the world froze during the pandemic:
"My son and I loved the play. You did a great job engaging with the kids. My son felt extra special when y’all called him by name. So nice to see him connected right now to people. Thank you for that. Great storytelling!"
From a family who attended a weekend show:
“My girls LOVED the show. My 6-year-old daughter Amelie said, "That was the best ever!" and then she retold us the entire story from beginning to end. They loved every minute of it, and it was just a brilliant way to play and act through Zoom. Well done! We are excited to participate in your next show for younger audiences.”
What students and teachers say about Edith Wilmans & Her Campaign Tour:
- "Thank you for this opportunity to star me in a play. Ever since COVID started it made me mad because they had to cancel a play I was in and it took a lot of hard work for me to memorize lines. I also like how it was kind of freestyle since you come up with your own opinion and lines."
- "I really enjoyed the show! I liked how I could talk and answer questions that the cast asked."
- "I really enjoyed watching the play. I think that it was very interesting learning about what voting was like for women in the 1920s."
- "I really liked the way you incorporated today's problems into a fun play. The interactive parts of the play were very inclusive, and got me thinking about solutions for the similar problems we are facing today."
- "Thank you so much for this experience! It was a great break from the typical school day, which for us, has been online for a whole year."
- "Thank YOU!!! We all absolutely loved it!!! Like, over the moon! I was even a bit misty-eyed for certain themes actors touched on with relevance to our time... along with hearing all the connections my students made. We used the character creation part of the packet beforehand which really helped them. Thanks for creating such a great resource for us teachers!!"